After more than 40 years of service to the Mission, George Verley retires. Former Mission Chief Operating Officer William Kenneth Cooper takes the helm. With a background that includes corporate leadership experience at Ecolab, Mr. Cooper helps to build a more attractive, professional and rewarding work environment for Mission employees. Under his leadership, several notable new programs are added, including Asian Ministries and the Gateway Program for ex-offenders.
Photos courtesy of the Union Gospel Mission.
Leaders of the Union Gospel Mission, 1902 to the present
- Rev. Everson R. MacKinney, Superintendent – 1902-1906
- B.R. Weimer, Superintendent – 1907
- Rev. Joseph Harkness, Superintendent – 1908-1909
- Dr. Peter MacFarlane, Superintendent – 1909-1956
- Harold Mordh, Executive Director – 1957-1974
- George Verley, Executive Director – 1974-2002
- William Kenneth “Ken” Cooper, Executive Director – 2003-2006
- Rev. Kenneth Peterson, Executive Director – 2007-2014
- Dr. Charles P. Morgan, CEO – 2014-2020
- Pam Axberg, Interim CEO – 2020