The Mission welcomes Dr. Charles P. Morgan as CEO, replacing outgoing Executive Director Ken Peterson. Dr. Morgan is the first top executive of color in the Mission’s history. His journey to the Mission includes serving for 33 years as the founding pastor of Resurrection Life Fellowship in Westchester, California, planting a missionary church in Malawi, serving in executive leadership at the Los Angeles Mission and practicing as a psychiatric social worker with treatment-resistant patients in Los Angeles.
Now at the Union Gospel Mission, Dr. Morgan calls upon both his pastoral and clinical experience to address the emotional and psychological roadblocks — as well as spiritual ones — of those whom the Mission seeks to help.
Photos courtesy of the Union Gospel Mission.
Leaders of the Union Gospel Mission, 1902 to the present
- Rev. Everson R. MacKinney, Superintendent – 1902-1906
- B.R. Weimer, Superintendent – 1907
- Rev. Joseph Harkness, Superintendent – 1908-1909
- Dr. Peter MacFarlane, Superintendent – 1909-1956
- Harold Mordh, Executive Director – 1957-1974
- George Verley, Executive Director – 1974-2002
- William Kenneth “Ken” Cooper, Executive Director – 2003-2006
- Rev. Kenneth Peterson, Executive Director – 2007-2014
- Dr. Charles P. Morgan, CEO – 2014-2020
- Pamela Stegora Axberg, CEO – 2020-present